Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The She Speaks Conference is a life-changing conference for women seeking to step out in the passion God has placed on their heart. Hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries, She Speaks encourages and equips women to
make the most of their messages, communicating God's Word through:    Please see a piece of my writing that I will like to take with me.
She Writes:
"just very encouraged by some of you write who write poetry , i just started to draft up some words of my own , Poetry is my favorite thing to read and I use to write back when I was like 13 but has slipped away
bare with me and give me your thoughts
I am working on some things as God give me the words to type
This is what I thought beauty meant to me as I was younger
I thought I was ugly cause my eyes were dark brown, my bottom and bosom weren't big and round
when I was a girl -I thought beauty was outer importance more than anything
so eager to straighten my hair,would sit in a chair and imagine everything
wondered if my skirt that appeared so long took away the beauty that I wanted others to see....if the skirt was shorter would people really like me , wished the hair was longer like the women on tv-my bosom was premature and undeveloped from age 13 to 16
wondered if I would see beauty because boys preferred to see booty instead of me ...so that left me wandering and desiring
what beauty should mean to me.
As i grew God began to show me that showing low self esteem was no good for me, i had to understand that character of a person is how you should see beauty and not worry about the outer parts that determined extreme reality tv
 This was written in  January  2011.
  Here are some basics of what I will be learning from basic writing guidelines to preparing an article or manuscript for submission,and everything in between. In addition, I will have  the opportunity to meet one-on-one with some of the top editors,publishers, and literary agents in the Christian market.
The Lord has laid it on my heart to attend She Speaks on July 20th -22 2012. My first step is to raise funds and have it submitted by May 15th 2012   . Will you prayerfully consider partnering with me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship?
As you feel led to join me in this exciting call, there are two ways to participate. 
Call Proverbs 31 Ministries at
877-731-4663 to contribute by credit card;
 or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:
Proverbs 31 Ministries
She Speaks Scholarship/Cristella Tolliver
616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road
Matthews, NC 28105
Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name in order to credit my scholarship fund. You will be
receipted for your tax-deductible donation. For more information: www.shespeaksconference.com


No comments:

Post a Comment