Friday, April 27, 2012


When I first thought about going back to school, I thought about community college and how much of convenience but then a inconvenience to me since I have a husband, three kids and a fulltime job. My second choice was distance learning because I thought to myself how cool is that to be sitting at my concierge desk in the evening and when I have that little downtime, I can read an assignment or work on a paper for submission of an assignment. I also felt before being accepted in distant learning that it should be easy and convenient. I chose distant learning over traditional face to face learning environment because I wanted to have my own time to study and enter a classroom, speak to a teacher at any convenient time. Distant learning in my opinion cuts down on gas, or other transportation cost and distant learning allows me to learn in all types of bad weather. My views of distance learning have only changed one thing since I started school and that is the assignments that are needed to be done. I never imagined online classes will require a lot more dedication then the quote “it’s easy and convenient”. It is time dedicating and a schedule of my own personal time is definitely something I should put in place. Otherwise I do like and I feel that it is something that I will get use to doing and I will enjoy my learning experience towards my degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment